Hi, I'm Ryoya Kawai !!
I am working as R&D Manager at musical instrument manufactuere. Howevenr, lots of my skills are basically coming from web technology because I had belonged to the division to develop new internet business as a software engineer as both frontend and backend for around 10 years.
From several years ago, I am participating audio working group at W3C(World Wide Web Consortium). The mission of audio working group is to discus/define the API for audio and for musical instrument connection(MIDI). What I am mostly doing there is to become a bridge between musical instruments manufacturer and other IT industry especially browser vendor to give them enough information to define specs.
Basically I love to see the web become a strong platform for making application for all purpose.
And I would like to spend my time for making the web forward, as much as I can do.
How to pronounce ‘Ryoya’
Please pronounce just like ‘Rio-Ya’!!
What I did in past
- Web Frontend Development
- to design UX and to implement device configuration site
- to design architecture and to implement component for specific musical instrument devices
- to develop library for MIDI devices as open source project
- Serverside Development
- to renewal B2C membership(60k members) site(server side rendering)
- to add/to maintain several payment methods
- to design archtecture and to implement data administration site
- to design archtecture and to implement batch system for user data synchronization
- data consolidation several daatabases (over 100k records)
- Salesforce integration
- Technological advocacy activity
- to hold hack-a-thon for Web Audio API, Web MIDI API (5 times in Japan, 1 time in China)
- to have session at HTML5 related conference
- 3D Printing
- Hardware prototyping with Arduino